Web Wallpaper & The Kinetic Textile

MOWA | Forum: Web Wallpaper & The Kinetic Textile
Now that browsers support the use of animated gifs as background patterns, websites can have more motion than ever. But is this a good thing?

If you need to see some examples of kinetic textiles in action (literally!), click here.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By Eleen Preston on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 03:33 pm:

There is a place for everything that can be created. There are many people using the web. Those designers who see the web as a kind of virtual paper medium and shun the idea of animation are no longer making up the majority of web users. Tasteful through absolutely shocking. Something for everyone. Thats what makes it an adventure to travel through the web. It is much more than a tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By Elizabeth on Sunday, May 14, 2000 - 10:09 am:

I like wallpaper that moves. For some reason, my computer project CD ROM won't let me use anything else. They're all I've got!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By Nicholas Berry on Wednesday, April 19, 2000 - 05:46 pm:

I think animated wallpaper is quite a good idea I always did but feared using it because it used to crash Netscape 3. There are designers who see the web as a kind of virtual paper medium and shun the idea of animation perse. However it is in my view a very different media and everything that is part of the media should have its place and in the production of web art it has exciting possibilities

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By David on Monday, August 2, 1999 - 10:30 am:

What's the big deal--it's just screensavers in a browser window instead of on the desktop. Where's the controversy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By Liam Murphy on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 02:07 am:

I'm an artist - working mostly with Photoshop -
Can I send you some images

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By liam murphy on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 02:12 am:

is it ok to use this space as free advertising?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page  By Liam Murphy on Wednesday, December 1, 1999 - 02:14 am:

to some extent - I agree with David - but the
implications of digital design for the textiles
industry are enormous. What would will Morris have
thoug

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail: